Concert Hall - Aarhus
19 - 21 June 2012
Martin has more than 14 years experience within EU Public Affairs in Brussels specialised within energy and environment representing corporate industrial interests.
Since 2007 Martin has contributed to making Kalundborg a leading green industrial municipality by conceiving four recognized initiatives spanning from energy efficiency measures mainly within the public sector via ESCOmmuner; biorefinery with Cluster Biofuels Denmark; introducing the novelty of the Industrial Symbiosis 2.0, and not least embracing all these initiatives within the Smart City Kalundborg framework initiative.
1) “Industrial Symbiosis a business model and answer to decarbonized industries”
"2020-targets and crisis – how to get more for less!"
- The classical role of Industrial Symbiosis where one's residue is the other's resource exemplified by Kalundborg Symbiosis operating since 1972
- In line with the consolidated new energy policies the energy- and production sectors have become close allies with regard to developing the basis for a local fossil-free energy production
- Symbiosis as a business model and a means for improving the resource footprint in a time of growing populations and prosperity averting take up of virgin materials
2) Chairing the session ‘Industrial Symbiosis’