Concert Hall - Aarhus
19 - 21 June 2012
ndustrial Technologies 2012 will offer integrated coverage of nanoscience and nanotechnology, materials, and new production processes (NMP).
The event programme will highlight the knowledge intensive products and processes driving European growth to 2020, which identifying solution to improve the framework conditions for innovation in Europe.
Several sessions will look at those products and processes where Europe can build or maintain global leadership in the next decade; these may include mass producing low emission vehicles, making new buildings net energy producers, or offering new therapies enabled by developments in nanomedicine. These areas will require input from all three streams of NMP, and will bring together researchers and industry to address both technical and non-technical challenges.
The High Level Group on Key Enabling Technologies and the consultation on the Common Strategic Framework for Horizon 2020 have contributed a comprehensive understanding of the challenging framework conditions for European innovation. Industrial Technologies 2012 will move the discussion forward to specific, actionable solutions to address these challenges and ensure that European industry can achieve its full potential for innovation.
The content of the event is guided by a steering group which represents many of the groups most involved with industrial technologies research and development. These include representatives from industry, research, and the European Technology Platforms and Public Private Partnerships.
The members include:
- Margerethe Hofman, Founder , MatSearch Consulting Hofmann
- Željko Pazin, Executive Director, EFFRA
- Ger Spork, Innovation Manager, Suschem / Cefic
- Patrick Bressler, Head of Brussels Office, Fraunhofer
- Bertrand de Lamberterie, Secretary General, European Steel Technology Platform
- Javier Grávalos Moreno, Head of Material Science, Acciona
- Stefano Carosio, Division Manager, E2B / D'Appolonia
- Michael Basista, Professor, EUMAT / KMM-VIN aisbl
- Livio Baldi, External Relations & Funding, STMicroelectronics
- Eberhard Bessey, Group Research and Advanced Engineering, Manufuture / Daimler AG
- Bjerne Clausen, Executive Vice President, HALDOR TOPSOE
- Walter Lutz, R&D and Innovation Manager, European Apparel and Textile Confederation
- Leena Sarvaranta, Chief Research Scientist/ Strategic Research/ Head of EU Initiatives, VTT
- Arun Junai, EU Manager, TNO Industrial Innovation and ManuFuture ETP Coordinator
The Industrial Technologies 2012 Conference is jointly organised by the Interdisciplinary Nanoscience Center at Aarhus University (iNANO), the Center for Industrial Production at Aalborg University (CIP), and Spinverse.
The event is supported by The European Commission Directorate for Research and Innovation and its Industrial Technologies Programme, and is funded by the European Commission under grant agreement number 290567. The event takes place during the Danish Presidency of the European Council.